Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 9

I’ve been struggling with this since 7p.m, it’s now half past ten., I don’t feel like there’s much to report.
My associate, Lluvia, who is sketching illustrations for the stories will bring them tomorrow. I’m looking forward to looking at them. I also rearranged one of the stories, which I already sent to Story Moja for consideration. My friend suggested I make a better opening. So I think I’ll translate this version and pitch it either to the same publisher or another.
Thing is, I’ve done a lot of mouth work. Telling all my friends with young children that my books are coming out soon, and they all say, yes we shall buy. Actually, when I tell people I’m going to publish books they say- oh really, we’re waiting. And I know some who have been waiting very long.
Last night I did some serious work. I opened a Paypal account to facilitate the online publishing idea. Spent the entire evening squinting at the screen trying to find out where the code is. I still don’t know how to get the code. If anyone knows, do tell, the instructions on their website didn’t help me.
Three years ago when I was ready to publish, I had three sponsors. I still owe one his share. I refunded the others when the publisher asked for more than he had asked initially. My friend Ken put in the sketches and background and designed so many covers according to my whim. To this day I still feel, what a delay, this book should be out in print.
I just need to get away from my day dreams for two weeks and I’ll have something tangible. That’s why I have this blog. This is my watchman. I’m also cooking, to help me to concentrate. Well, at least that’s what I hope it will accomplish. I think of what to combine and then stand there and wait for the food to cook. The days of burning food to a crisp are fading into the past. So today I made a potatoes and a sardine curry, it turned out better than I thought even though I forgot to add garlic and lemon as I had planned to and nothing burned.


2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't advice u2 use paypal. When selling on ebay I was forced 2use it and it was making me furious couple of times. They hold back incomes for weeks and then abstract high fees for this inconvenient service. The code u're talking bout, I'm not sure, but it's either sent 2your email or 2your banking account(transfer of few cents and the code is typed as "reason4payment). They can also give u a hard time by requesting copies of your Passport etc4 security matters. A cheaper and better alternative 4online payment is "moneybookers.com". PS- Your supper looks very tasty. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah J.S, I should have talked to you first. I registered and they quickly deducted some cash. I guess I'll use it only this once :).
    The super was tasty, not sure I can make the same again

    ReplyDelete

5 ways to say, "My mother died. " For those currently or constantly grieving.

 On a random Thursday, when you get to work, you will find Clara distributing cupcakes at the coffee machine. Banana cupcakes, and you will ...