You can just jump to these top 5 most popular posts of 2017.
1. This chic: Three types of males you will meet as you grow
2. This Chic: The needy Unsatisfied nut that I am
3. Creative writing: How do you do it?
4. Middle Age crisis ahead: Why I shall build my retirement home in Kayole
5. Milk Dairy Mumblings: How to stop the forest fires.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
pole sana ma dam
Kenyans speak in coded language a lot.
We also hardly ever use the phrase- excuse me-
Unless it is in sarcasm.
We simply nudge, wiggle, squeeze and the other Kenyan gets
You wish to pass
Unless you went to Braeburn or Hillcrest schools.
There is an unwritten code
You take a cab, he is nice,,,
I mean you rent a
school bus (how often do we take cabs?)
So you rent the bus to go on a trip and the driver is
patient and entertaining.
He joins your party,
eats, plays with you.
He will charge you less, you took note of him.
So anyway, I came home the other night and wore out my eyes
writing about my obnoxious neighbours. It was gonna be a powerful well thought
Power was out so I
didn’t post it, then I allowed it time to ferment a little,
The next evening I found my neighbor crouched by his chicken houses.
He handed me two kienyeji eggs;said I could eat those.
Two; one would be
strange, three would be obscene.
"Thank you," I said.
And I came in and silently laughed very very hard.