Friday, December 7, 2012

Garlic and Pili pili guilt sauce

Garlic and Pili pili guilt sauce




I made a brave decision earlier this week. I picked up- A thousand Splendid Suns, The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks and another book by Doris Lessing- and put them down. I gave myself a thumbs up as I walked away from the vendor.

They were so cheap. Just KSh 100 each.

But I listened to a savings tips recording by a bank trainer the other day. He said the one enemy to saving money is spending more than you earn.
 I know that…in theory.

He asked- do you find yourself buying things when they are on sale?
-          no, never- I answered mentally.
-           
There was a sale by House of Leather last month, I didn’t go…even though I need a good walking shoe.
Nakumatt is always having offers and I could do with a small oven

Enka Rasha is having a 60% off  this season…they have smart African wear that could eep me clothed for the next five years.

Haha, but I forgot… I don’t shop there. I shop at Mutindwa—and Muthurwa. And the there is an offer. Every day!

It’s very hard to just walk past a crazed tops vendor shouting bei fefte!
Or another one calling out mbao! 20bob! Mbao!

So yesterday… I decided to just..have a look. So good for my bravely.
And I went home feeling very guilty..like you will of course feel when you buy something  useful which.. you don’t really need. Like a dress to wear to a party- though most parties I attend in jeans.
 But you never know..I might get invited to a cocktail party in March.

The entire evening I was thinking.. I should be punished for this…

So I decided to make a very elaborate meal that took most of the afternoon.

I’ve been meaning to make garlic sauce. My pepper plant had 8 ripe ones. That, with garlic and ginger, tomatoes and lemon juice, boiled for fifteen minutes then blended makes an awesome sauce for potatoes.




 step 1
 step 2
Result

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool stuff, I wanna try making that sauce we used to have with Chicken Rice in Malaysia...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the nasi lemak sauce?ooo panas panas panas! you need like 50 chillies and anchovies. we'll try it when you come. :D.. Then try it on some Kenyan mouths..haha

      Delete
  3. Kenyan Mouths!!!!! wow, I am willing to try anything when m there, its all about the experience...

    ReplyDelete

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū Themes.

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū and other stories is a book divided into four parts and themes. 1. Adventure : The childhood stories lik...