Monday, March 23, 2009


I guess,the only exciting thing that has happened to me in a long time is when my friend’s friend got a job in this new Arabic dish café in our Condo, they were having an open house so my friend says-hey want some free food, and I asked when and where. It’s the first time I have tasted pilau in a long time. , when I came back I made a play list of all my jazz music, put my legs up the wall, and said to myself- this is the life- thanks Kim.
So I have been trying to finish off my assignments to avoid the rush, and partly to avoid anxiety. For my Film class, we were supposed to make a story board for this story{blow-up} about some photographer. I asked one of the young guys I hang out with school if he could pose for me and he said okay, then he changed his mind when he couldn't understand the story and asked why don’t I just sketch for you. I gave him paper and pencil, half an hour later he was still drawing a tree with a ruler and pencil. So I thought this is a waste of time and said to him Never mind Lah, we do this another time. I slept at 3a’m with strained fingers from sketching scenes, but was pretty satisfied, until today my desk mate looked at my work and laughed for the entire lesson. She draws very well, . I told her laugh on, at least mine is off the ground.

I am one of those people who stick to the same thing. Like, since my brushing history, I’ve always used aquafresh. When I cam here I couldn’t find it and have bought three different types but still not satisfied, I miss my aquafresh.Especially since brushing is not a very pleasant experience for me, ad when I have to taste tooth paste in my mouth after the ordeal, not nice.
Same with perfume. I used Fa, blue mist for too long, since I was eligible to use it, in form one. Coming here there’s no Fa, no Fa soap. I went to the shop the other day to buy perfume and the only one that didn’t make me retch makes me smell like a clean toilet. Not the bad musty smell when your housemate leaves her stuff in the bathroom. The one you smell after you clean the toilet, take out the mop and come back to close the door. It smells, bluish, and has a sinky tone to it. Ignore me ,I’m mad. When I tried it out, well, Malaysia no Malaysia. It’s like air freshener. Just goes away after 3 minutes, and I’m thinking I should just place it in the toilet to use as a freshener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Launch Event

  🗣 Please accept this as a personal invitation. I will be happy to see you and your families and friends. 💥 🌞 The Organic Farmer's E...