Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 6






I took these pictures on my way home after watching some men using stones and sticks to catch fish in a drain. It was interesting to watch. Then I saw these pools on
the grass and they reminded me of childhood. We'd never get these in my grannys' farm, but in her friend's farm , when it rained, the fields would have these and uncle Kamande would take me to fish for tadpoles,and wade in the water. It was very exciting.
Today will be a short one. I lost a friend last week, she was buried today. I didn’t attend the funeral. The hang ups of being away from home.
Pretty sad, she left a sweet little boy. But we are not without hope.
I got a response for my short story this morning. Not a very good one. My opening was not catchy enough, and my character was not well described. Any ‘not good enough’ report floors me for a few hours, so I was sulking for most of the day. I went and borrowed Anne of Green Gables in a addition to what I’ve been reading- Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. May be I’ll be more imaginative after reading Anne, the second movie was excellent, and from the few chapters I read today, the book is just as good.
I started a story about little ordinary stones, but I got lost in the middle when I saw someone looking over my head to read it.
The story I sent in for editing was also returned, and my friend says it’s a nice story but bees don’t drink tea and eat salad. Hmm, is that good or bad? I guess my imagination went a little too far this time.

6 comments:

  1. Don't give up, remain defiant. Some dreams can take a lifetime and more to come true. Couple of artists died poor and their notes were respected as brilliant a hundred years later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, J.S that makes me want to be defiant,now, and hope my notes get respected while I still have got breath in me :)
    Thank you for your audience

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say, some people are ahead of their times some stick to conventions. Maybe you're one of the first type and you're agent is one of the latter. Ever thought of publishing ebooks- that should be easier and can be done on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. J.S, you are very practical. I've thought epublishing but still need to do more research. Got a minute?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really practical since I'm neither a writer nor have I published an ebook. This idea just crossed my mind, following your blogg for some time, noticing your effort to get a publisher. If you google "selling ebooks" you'll find pages like:secure-ebook.com , e-junkie.com , bookswealth.com , ebooks.webmanila.com. More over other not advisable "black sheep" which just try to make use of the upcoming blogger trend. Problem is even the first ones charge monthly, so I think the best for you could be Ebay.com, which I also use frequently to sell, though for other goods. There you register for free and you pay only when you actually sell something,a commission fee of 8 percent, which I bet is way below any agent or traditional publisher. If you think that could work for you, check it out and don't hesitate to ask for further assistance. I'm selling over ebay for 2 years and can help u with open questions for example about offered methods of payment etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J.S, I was looking at the e-publishing last night and as you sa, the one I looked at charges,but still below what the ordinary self publishing agent will ask for. I like the e-bay Idea. Thanks again.
    I have to put more into this, get more serious :)

    ReplyDelete

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū Themes.

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū and other stories is a book divided into four parts and themes. 1. Adventure : The childhood stories lik...