Friday, August 31, 2012

Action drams, cartoon network sap and town music filled my mind
I forgot about the sound of nature
 The secrets whispered by birds to other birds
By crickets to other crickets
 By falls to the river

 I listened
 At last my mind began to remember
It began to refill itself with stories
 From the old  central
 Deciphering hyena’s laughter
 And what the cider told the grass below
 as they softly kissed
Beckoned by the wind

It was peaceful
Peaceful

I’d spent too many days indoors
Turning knobs and locks and switches,
 And pressing remote controls
I’d forgotten how to sit calmly listen,
Think,
Hear the sounds and breath in inspiration
A gift
 Which technology tries to slowly make me overlook
As I you tube
 And email
 And blog
 And chat…

I forget blue speedos and staedler pencils
Black rendits
And Tesco fullscaps.

Merged with everyone.

So I sat at the water’s edge dreaming
Peaceful dreams of sand beaches and
Clear springs of mountain water-ah-
For a moment as if in a stance, felt it
Heard it
 The soft calling of ants
 The gentle murmur of the trees….




6 comments:

  1. Nice one, u carried a piece of nature into the midst of the internet

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reading. I love nature, I love the WWW; got to merge the two, somehow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the waterfall, is it near your place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's near my Village, Chania falls near the Aberdare ranges

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will have to visit it, or if there are any that are grandeur we could go to those still...

    ReplyDelete
  6. there's several along the places we plan to visit..

    ReplyDelete

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū Themes.

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū and other stories is a book divided into four parts and themes. 1. Adventure : The childhood stories lik...