Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Digital Film and Tv


I have two favourite classes, Broadcasting and Digital film. The two are taught by the same teacher. I’d never miss any of them, not because the lecturer knows each one of us by name but these classes are not just some boring 3 hour lecture. It’s the whole experience. The teacher makes it very easy and he is an easy going person who doesn’t get offended when my we start to ask questions we assume he’s supposed to know. The class is made of some characters you won’t forget. There is the guy who talks like a robot and types in the same manner,and Chaiwalla,a Jamal look a like of the main character in Who wants to be a Millionaire, the 2 guys who wont stop laughing and making fun of everyone including the lecturer, actually, everyone in that class is a character.{ok this sounds boring}
Today during our broadcasting lesson , we expected a movie as usual but we instead had slides about history of Radio, which the lecturer had to stop in the middle because some people kept asking strange questions like- When are we gonna visit Astro?{DSTV, GTV}, can we go visit Radio Limkokwing. He went to check if we’d be allowed in the studio, but no one was in studio, so that started another topic on how much the school radio needs a change.
All this time the light were off, coz we were in the screening room and when he switched on, he looks around and there was a new girl at the back, we know her but the lecturer doesn’t. So he asks are you a new student, and everyone starts to laugh, so he asks her a question about movies and pick up lines. She says- I only came here coz I thought you were showing a film. Her boyfriend brought her to class for a free movie- nice cheap date.
We ended up watching RocknRolla the date didn’t go to waste. We had a good laugh , the guy isn’t much of a talker but he is in the school basket ball team, so for him to plan for a class date seemed ingenious.
In the next class, different teacher. Those two boys calling some girl- hey, you girl with a big bum, she turns and one of them says-pull up your trousers. And when we look at him like-man are you crazy? He says- What.., I’m considerate. I don’t want people peeping. Then this girl answers a question and the two of them go like- iiiiiiiiiiii. The lecture asks what? They are like- she so cute. I get amused, I guess coz I’m older than most of them and the stuff me and my buddies did 5 years ago, they are experiencing now, I can’t stop laughing, I feel so old.
Then this guy gets so worked up coz some Arabs called him black, almost starting a revolution-poor guy, get used to it.
I guess this year is going to be fun, last year, I had supermodels in my class who didn't care much about spanning camera's to the left or right, just posing.

1 comment:

  1. Its headed for midnight here and i feel thoroughly refreshed, like i have just come from a long undisturbed relaxing night sleep.I have just read all your posts.

    Been long and have missed them, Something about the way you write, or is it the how i read it, i think its what i hear you say in written word, always making me smile at the intelligence, simplicity, clarity and excellent choice of words. Its probably something to do with your schooling, but i suspect not; its more to do with what you love doing, that which you are endowed to do so well. I love it.

    Thumbi

    ReplyDelete

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū Themes.

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū and other stories is a book divided into four parts and themes. 1. Adventure : The childhood stories lik...