Tuesday, March 12, 2024

15 REVIEWS FOR GOING TO BUY A PLOT IN MAAĪ MAHIŪ BY CECILIA GATHONI




Stories inspired by true events, with the most hilarious point of view. We xhoose how we look at life, Cess shows you how to look at it from the funny, side of it…”it’s funny but so true.” Thumbs up.- Selly 


It is unapologetically real. The stories are told so vividly that even if one has not experienced what the author has experienced, they can imagine and feel it. I love how she has included the Kikuyu language with zero explanation of what the words mean and we still understand and find ourselves laughing. I can read it over and over again. Infact, lemme start again - Maryaan


Soon after I finished the read….. of course with a few ribs cracked….the boyfriend in the red bandana will forever be etched in my mind…and I agree with Gathoni who packs their bags to relocate to…..(find out where when you read your copy) it felt like I was away visiting a nice place which had a looooot going on…..my mind kept drifting……nilikua waaapi… then I smile when I remember ni kwa book ❤️- Judy


A journey through words: I found myself in many “chuoms” through Memory Lane while reading the stories. Different timelines yet quite similar experiences with a blend of humor. Thanks, Ciss for the adventure you took us through. I hope what I’ve heard through the Grapevine is true; that there’s another book coming soon. Looking forward to more adventures through your stories.- Anko Phil


Simply fabulous.
Can’t wait for the next book from you. -Dan


when you say “igoka inya! inyanya.” Only a real Kikuyu can get that….

..and when you call out “Mama, mama!” It caught me off guard thinking this is Swahili. Then it hit me. Mama ni uncle 🤣. Kwisha Mimi.

This book should be bigger. I am rereading it juu imeisha haraka sana. Imeniacha na tamaa ya kuendelea.- Lena


I relate with every story in this book.The story line flows like a river.i smile or through as I read it . I love the choose of wording .can’t wait to read another book from the author I wonder what she has in store for us💕💕💕- Maina


Wueh! This is a real read. Can’t stop laughing. Brought so many childhood memories. Am now teaching my husband Kikuyu for him to enjoy the book.

Am waiting for the next one.- Lena


“Having just finished Going to Buy a Plot in Maai Mahiu, I can’t stop laughing! The author’s comedic genius shines through every page, making it a must-read for anyone in need of a good laugh. Brilliantly entertaining!”- Collins


An astounding weave of stories that will leave your ribs cracking from laughter. The gifted author, who has mastered the art of lifting spirits with humor, uses a very comprehensible language for all levels of readers. I highly recommend this literary work by Cecilia.- Kelvin Muriuki


All the stories are very good; simple, enjoyable and relatable with my type of humour..have had a good laugh..please write another book!- Mo


Humour told effortlessly, unassumingly, poignantly. A book through which every reader sees themselves in their daily motions of life and the little humorous things we don’t pay much attention to. This book is worth more than it’s priced. As an aspiring writer with unpublished and copyrighted manuscript, I’ve enjoyed reading and re-reading this piece. There’s definitely sweeter things where this one came from.- Jame Oluoch


I loved reading the stories most of which I can relate to. Good Job Cess.- Munyeki F


Beautifully written stories that help you reflect on the seemingly mundane things of life with a good laugh.
Looking forward to more books from Cecilia.- Grace


The stories are so relatable and told with a witty sense of humuor. Cecilia writes in an easy to understand way that suits a wide audience. Once you pick up this book, it will he hard to put it down 😊- Melissa


Buy the book here:


https://nuriakenya.com/product/going-to-buy-a-plot-in-maai-mahiu-by-cecilia-gathoni






No comments:

Post a Comment

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū Themes.

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū and other stories is a book divided into four parts and themes. 1. Adventure : The childhood stories lik...