Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Growing Into Adulthood Bills

 Yesterday, it hit me that actually, growing older is a gift. It's the end of the month and as usual the bills are coming in left right and centre and I was getting myself ready to  have the usual argument with my landlord- No I am not going to pay that kind of money for water- what do you think I am manufacutring?Cocacola?-

And I realised that, I no longer feel the panic I often felt when I had to deal with an unreasonable house owner (Those who got some money from their retirment from package and decided to concort a few bedsitters behind their bungalow to collect rent and supervise tenants the same way they supervised their Grad 5s and Grade 6s for the past 31 years)

Until recently, I would get a spike of anger whenever I received a passive aggrresive text from such a house owner but with experience and age now I can give aura for aura and move one swiftly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Growing Into Adulthood Bills

 Yesterday, it hit me that actually, growing older is a gift. It's the end of the month and as usual the bills are coming in left right ...