Sunday, November 2, 2008

poem



The Winding paths have reached their end ,
Now am stuck on a one path destination
Perhaps I can be one of them
I am one of them, yet , by the sidelines I stand and spy .

Sometimes peace emanates from behind me
As though packaged in surprise boxes
And from a bird’s view I watch the norms
The common existence

Sometimes I have to look for silence and calm
Despite peace and calm being availed in every market
Perhaps needing to find my own, create my own.

The direct road is too open, I fear exposure
To things unwilled and things inevitable
And water being the core of every being
I find serenity along the river banks
Among the blue green weeds and tadpoles
Interpreting the phonetics of the birds in my mind.

Perhaps this is no imitation
Perhaps this is what has kept out of grasp.
Every time I reached to it, it pulled further
Perhaps I’ve found my home
My place . My burial ground


{Pics by Ciss, Melaka }

1 comment:

  1. {why burial ground? Don’t you think that;s a bit…crreeeepy?}
    I wrote this at the bottom of the poem. It's about the feeling I got after a few weeks in Malaysia. Not sure if I could make a home out of it, or was it going to be my downfall?
    I got a new audience this week, thanks guys. Lots of poems in store

    ReplyDelete

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū Themes.

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū and other stories is a book divided into four parts and themes. 1. Adventure : The childhood stories lik...