Friday, September 18, 2020

Your Shallow and Incomplete Guide to cooking food

For people who live alone or with cats and are tired. Man so tired of reheating that ugali from two nights ago which won't get finished. 




So ati my love language is food.
One friend told me.
And another confirmed that, "yeah it's true Cecilia you are into food."
So I asked if that made me a foodie.
"Well, yeah, yes and no.
It's like, in your house you express love by giving food to people.
But in other people's houses then, you kinda expect love to be expressed in the same way."
Really?
Gosh. I might be tiresome.
But it's true yes.
If I love you I want you to try this and that and when you finish would you like to try some of these sweet potato cookies I made? They are really good.

If I pack you a meal it's typically a love letter, if I pack you a meal with drinks just call it a proposal. I'll be home wringing my hands wondering will he say yes?
And I am also a healthy diet freak so it all comes together quite, hippie style.

I went to the posho meal. Because when Tata was asking what I needed from home I mentioned how about some wheat?

We grow wheat, where I come from.

Endarasha really is the promised land and if you are looking for a plot to plant onions  hit me up I can hook you up. You will soon be supplying onions to all Samosa street vendors and even to The Mayura, if you have the right connections.

This is a quick one. 
Baking powder chapatis with veg stew.
The chapati recipe is mine,  Davies The Chef gave me the recipe for the stew. His didn't have the option of a whole jug of water. But you know how it is. How would I be a whole Gathoni if I dared serve food without gathufu.

HOW TO MAKE BAKING POWDER CHAPATIS




You need:

2 cups of brown milled wheat flour 
1Table spoon baking powder
half a tea spoon salt
Half a cup warm water
You may add sugar if you like.
Mix with a spoon. 
See, you don't even have to touch it.
Then mix evenly with a wooden spoon.
Spread a tablespoon of oil on the dough and keep kneeding with the spoon.
Cover it and leave it for an hour or so.

Roll into thick chapati shapes.
Cook over a thick pan, little oil


Here is the stew recipe


                                                         



No comments:

Post a Comment

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū and Parallel Homesickness Books launch event in a glimpse

Thank you all.  Asanteni kwa kuja. Please get a copy of either books here : https://nuriakenya.com/product/going-to-buy-a-plot-in-maai-mahiu...