Friday, October 4, 2024

CONVESATIONS BOOK REVIEW






 Conversations into Adulthood is the title of my next book.

It's a big project,a don't I have gone back and forth a lot but we are almost there.

Shida ni there is too much. I wrote too much. I know it's a good problem, but, as I launch myself into the coming 40s, I would like people to be inspired, encouraged and entertained by what I have written.

It's hard to find  the  balance.

These are some old reviews from that time I sent the prologue to my mailing list.


The chapters nangoja are actually 4 and 7.


Hmm, 🤔interesting. Those are my hardest to write. I write and then sob and then I don’t want to look at what I’ve written for a week.

Yeah it can be hard. They tend to come along with heavy emotions or memories you probably thought you had buried or dealt with but then boom!

I’m wondering, do people lecture you because of your height ama

they are just dispensing opinions? 🤔





And about the conversations I’ve been having, wueh!

I could relate to a looot of what you wrote, been lectured so many times mpaka I run away from every form of conflict, I’d rather give you the assumption that you’re right rather than have to sit and listen to another lecture and/or argument.

I truly in every sense value my peace of mind.

I’ve also been treated like some little dog of no consequence.

But like you said, once you get to know yourself, you’ll project it and conversations tend to be more meaningful. You’ll ‘demand’ respect when none is being offered or just leave, end the conversation.

I don’t know what to say but I liked how you opened up about things many wouldn’t, including myself

It was refreshing.


It's true. I've been back to school doing psychology and we are currently at Grief counseling and we were asked to get someone who is going through a loss of a dead loved one and try and counsel. So I got to talk to another sister and hearing how she feels about the baby she lost and how it's affecting her marriage and her relationship with her one baby who is alive was painful. Her baby was also able to express her grief. We did some fun activities and she doesn't understand death because she is 8 years old but she feels pain. And hearing her talk about the resurrection and I got to understand that she thinks it's gonna happen tomorrow or probably next week ikienda sana. That's how she's dealing with her pain.

This experience gave me the perspective that even kids grieve but no one pays attention to them. We just focus on the grown ups and forget that they too have lost someone. And so they grow up with either sadness or anger and withdrawal behaviour because it was never expressed.



I think she has not grasped the entire concept. She just knows there is a resurrection soon but now her understanding of soon ni something like next week. So even when she sees her parents crying, she tells them they shouldn't worry Jehovah will resurrect the baby.

But because her parents have shut her out, she has also withdrawn and is no longer the bubbly girl she used to be. Plus everyone else is comforting the parents and leaving her out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CONVESATIONS BOOK REVIEW

 Conversations into Adulthood is the title of my next book. It's a big project,a don't I have gone back and forth a lot but we are a...