Saturday, January 25, 2020

Grieving : "I will go down mourning to my grave"




Kwani you are still mourning your mother?
That's the question.



I'd like to ask how long shoukd I mourn my mother? 10 days? A month? 6 months? A year?
I also want to say come back and ask me that question when your mother does but that would be rude and unfeeling and I have felt dreadful enough recently to wish it on anyone.

But each time someone asks me if i'm still grieving I really want to walk away.
Before I get out my guns and tell them to have a little imagination.

Truth is, you need a little imagination of you haven't experienced death.
Me, I have experienced it from all directions and it doesn't get easier.
It gets harder.
You get weaker.

You cannot handle funerals.
You avoid people who speak carelessly.
And basically you slowly put one step after the one in front and hope your God hasn't given up on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū and Parallel Homesickness Books launch event in a glimpse

Thank you all.  Asanteni kwa kuja. Please get a copy of either books here : https://nuriakenya.com/product/going-to-buy-a-plot-in-maai-mahiu...