Friday, January 31, 2020

This Chic: The Pursuit of Happyness


I'm happy, mostly.
I decided I shall not look for sorrow and sadness when I have the option to be positive and cheerful.

Sorrow will find you without assistance. So don't look for it

Pursue happiness.
You will find it.
Even in a messy and wrecked world there are bits of good to sustain us until the next thing to stagger us.

I have found happiness in looking fo r and celebrating the bits of positive vibe I see in people.
 Like my neighbour's singing. She has a beautiful voice, I should teach her my favourite songs then I can just listen to her across the wall.

I have found peace in accepting myself. The rough parts and the glittering parts.

I have found freedom, in expressing how I feel whenever, and for a few people who actually get me and my spacy way of defining this thing called life.

Most of all I am happy with myself for then choices I consciously make each day.

I have learned to recognize a good thing and to grasp onto it with both of my hands.

I have become aware of the people I want in my life. Sometimes it's me doing all the work but,
forget the independent self satisfying phrase - don't chase people you are worth more than that-

It's a lie.
Sometimes you have to chase people.
Because sometimes you need them more than they need you but in the end it's for you.

I am happy to have learned this now.

May I live many more days
To chase more people
To love  and care deeply even when it just me doing the loving and caring, to do my best to get out of my own castle and help others build theirs.

Because Jesus said it right.
There is more happiness in giving than in receiving.
May I have more time, more affection, more laughter and more heart to share with my fellow humans.
I am still a queen.
Perfectly imperfect
You can call me Virginia.

#queens
#positivity
#natural Hair
#Nairobi
#writersofinstagram
#sketches
#Africa
#truelovemagazine
#info
#inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going to buy a plot in Maaī Mahiū and Parallel Homesickness Books launch event in a glimpse

Thank you all.  Asanteni kwa kuja. Please get a copy of either books here : https://nuriakenya.com/product/going-to-buy-a-plot-in-maai-mahiu...